Thursday, April 12, 2012

Another New Blog

It seems like every year (or so) I try to start a new blog. I swear to myself that I'll post every day, that I'll never run out of material and that people will be interested in what I have to say, but none of that ever seems to happen.

And yet, here I am, giving it one last go. But this time, I have something to offer.

I swear, about once a week I mention something I've made or a project I'm working on to a friend or coworker and she says something to the effect of 'I didn't know you could do that!' I may get teased about making my own butter or using old bedsheets to crochet, but you can bet your buttons that when they're done laughing they secretly ask me how to do it themselves.

My house is full of DIY projects in various stages of completion and success, from my gorgeous half-stained workbench out in the garage to the what-was-I-thinking purses made from old uniforms and pink-dyed camo shoved in a laundry basket in my sewing cabinet.

So I figure that this is as good a place as any to chronicle my DIY adventures and share what I've learned along the way. I can't say how often I'll post, but I'll do my best to make it regular. I hope that, if nothing else, my family gets a kick out of seeing how I keep myself busy and make a little money on the side. They are, after all, my biggest fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment